The Prime Minister announced the withdrawal of the decision taken by the Central Government on May 1. Under this, now the central government will buy 75 percent of the corona vaccine and give it to the states under its supervision and the states will get it free of cost to all citizens above 18 years of age through vaccination centers of the country.
hear the news
Addressing the nation for the ninth time regarding the Corona transition, the Prime Minister tried his best to protect and strengthen the image of ‘Brand Modi’ made in the country. The image of the Prime Minister has become a brand in the country and the world. But it is believed that this ‘brand’ has suffered a lot in the second wave of the Corona period. Its expression could also be clearly read on the face of the Prime Minister during his address to the nation. In an attempt to save the image and brand, while the Prime Minister announced two big public welfare decisions, many big questions were also left.
Big question: States have the right to buy 25 percent of the vaccine and withdraw it
The Prime Minister announced the withdrawal of the decision taken by the Central Government on May 1. Under this, now the central government will buy 75 percent of the corona vaccine and give it to the states under its supervision and the states will get it free of cost to all citizens above 18 years of age through vaccination centers of the country. This was the system in the country till 30 April. When the Central Government had taken this decision, even then questions were raised on it. The Chief Ministers of some states had also questioned this. This has rarely happened in the history of the federal structure of the country.
What is the reason for giving states the right to buy the vaccine, take it and free vaccine for all?
Dr. NK Arora, associated with the National Kovid Task Force, himself questioned the announcement of vaccinating people between the ages of 18 and 44 in the month of May. Dr. Arora had told Amar Ujala that sufficient quantity of vaccine would be available in the country only after the month of June. There is going to be a huge gap for two months now. Sources reveal that the Center had put the onus on the states only after seeing the state of the vaccine shortage in the country. So that the blame of non-availability of vaccine is not spread on the Central Government. Now that the first week of June has passed, the Prime Minister has announced to withdraw this decision from June 21. Along with this, all the vaccines administered in government institutions have also been announced free of cost, so that the image of the center can be improved.
Free ration to 80 crore poor till November 21
Under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 80 crore poor people of the country will be given free ration in prescribed quantity till November 2021. This decision of the Prime Minister is being linked with the effort to reduce the resentment among the people towards the government during the second wave of Corona. It is understood that the government has taken this step keeping in mind the negative news coming from among the people in all the states including Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, the expected results are not coming in the Bengal assembly elections.
Where did the government fail in dealing with vaccination and corona?
Many veterans like Dr. VK Paul, Dr. NK Arora associated with the National Kovid Task Force are still unable to answer many questions openly. For example-
- When there was a shortage of vaccines in the country in the month of May, on whose advice was the announcement of vaccinating people between the ages of 18 and 44 and why?
- Why was the decision to launch the vaccination campaign in the country so late on 16th January? Why did the Prime Minister, the President, the Union Health Minister, the Director of AIIMS and others not get the vaccine done earlier to give a strong foundation and confidence to the introduction of vaccination? Whereas in the countries of the world, only the heads of state started it.
- The Prime Minister continuously appealed to the people to follow the medicines, strictness and covid behavior, but even after this, it kept flying in the election campaign, election campaign etc. in the country. Parallel to this the vaccination campaign was going on very slow and no efforts were being made to speed it up.
- Why did India announce defeat of corona virus infection in January? While scientists, experts around the world were predicting it to be dangerous.
- Why did the central government not take it seriously after the number of corona infected in the month of March exceeded one million and in the third week of April, why did it not wake up before the situation became serious?